Camping at Raystown

Discussion in 'Riding Areas Outside of NJ' started by Matt_, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Matt_

Matt_ I Get Jokes

Considering a two day bike trip with my wife next month for our anniversary and looking for camping recommendations at Raystown. Plan would be to drive out there, setup camp, do an evening ride around the trails im familiar with, dinner/sleep, wake up and do some more riding/exploring on trails I haven’t ventured, then head home.

Looks like there are plenty of tent sites to choose. From those experienced, any preferred over the others? We'd be going towards the end of Sept so hopefully somewhat "off-seasonish". We don't actually own a tent, so would like a 'tent site' that we can park at and sleep in the truck (not sure if they're all like that, or if there's a parking lot and you have to walk to the sites?).

Thanks!

2. Mitch

Mitch Well-Known Member Team MTBNJ Halter's

3. Matt_

Matt_ I Get Jokes

Thanks @Mitch ! Will do.

Sorry for keeping your little buddy home. Changed it up a bit this week, but we'll get you guys together for a play date soon. :)

Mitch likes this.
  4. giff06

giff06 Well-Known Member

Matt,
    Woodlands campground is where we stay. That being said we don't tent camp but rent their double cabin. 2 couples can comfortably sleep there and its a bike ride away from the trails. Flush plumbing and a kitchenette.

Matt_ and Mitch like this.
  5. michael.su

michael.su JORBA co-VP JORBA.ORG

We stayed at Seven points too.
    Awesome site. The connector trail was ~30' down the hill from our tents. :)
    I don't remember the site #'s we were at but @Rusty might.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    Matt_ likes this.
  6. Rdoonz

Rdoonz Active Member

Ditto on camping at 7 Points if you're tent camping. Right near the trails and if you want to mix it up, you can always go hang at the marina and rent paddle boards or kayaks.

7. Matt_

Matt_ I Get Jokes

Appreciate all the input everyone! :)

8. DownhillR3

DownhillR3 Active Member

Great information, may head out there this Friday to Sunday. Will look into booking tent site at 7 Points Campground as I have a camp set-up in the truck. Do the campsites have electric hookup for 12volt outlet plugins?

9. Mitch

Mitch Well-Known Member Team MTBNJ Halter's

Yes full electric at 95 percent of sites. Enjoy.

DownhillR3 likes this.
  10. DownhillR3

DownhillR3 Active Member

where do you guys stock up or get food near Seven Points Campground?

I can't find anything except a Weis in downtown Huntingdon, 11 miles away.

11. Jmann

Jmann Active Member

There's a giant grocery store in Huntington right before you leave town towards the campground. And a walmart. But yeah, Huntington is the main town and last decent spot to stock up.

DownhillR3 likes this.
  12. jimvreeland

jimvreeland Shop: Hilltop Bicycles Shop Keep

There's a litttle bit of stuff in the store at the Marina if you get in a bind.