Raritan 911: Robocop

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I saw a Carson look a like or maybe the real deal while sitting in quick chek shop eating my samwhich in raritan today.
That's Raritan Borough, Somerset County. I'm in Raritan Township, Hunterdon County. #4 wealthiest county in the country; I've never taken a meal break at QC.

Slightly off topic (or maybe not), just curious about how much of a nuisance to police officers are the sovereign citizens crowd or one of their many variations ?

One of these video popped on my radar while browsing youtube and I've been sucked in by the whirlpool of stupidity ever since.

I even recall one of these characters contacting me by pm on a car forum years ago and telling me that I did not need a driver license to 'travel' on my 'private property' (car) as it is my 'constitutional right'...to which I replied 'nah, it doesn't work for me as I am Italian national' and proceeded to block him.

I don't think I would be able to keep my cool if I were to interact with one of these bs chanting aliens...most of them can't even properly pronounce the words they read off their notes while being stopped...am I being detained? can I have your name and badge number officer? can I speak to your supervisor? I am not driving, I am travelling...it's my constitutional right officer (while sitting behind the wheel of a car) etc.

Luckily they don't get any credit nor merit...make for good police anectodes though!

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'll give a proper answer when I have the time. Cliff notes version is the encounters in NJ are few but they are certainly dangerous situations when enforcement action has to be taken.

And you don't need a driver's license to drive on private property (quasi public requires a license) but you can't do it drunk or with a suspended license. Gotta love NJ law.

I'll give a proper answer when I have the time. Cliff notes version is the encounters in NJ are few but they are certainly dangerous situations when enforcement action has to be taken.

And you don't need a driver's license to drive on private property (quasi public requires a license) but you can't do it drunk or with a suspended license. Gotta love NJ law.
Unfortunately I do not own the stretch of land, approx 30 miles, where I commute every day, nor I know who does in order to seek permission (would that be the Great State on NJ by any chance). And if I did, building, maintaining and policing a road that would allow me to commute effectively every day would be helluva more expensive than renewing my NJ DL...but then maybe I wouldn’t need to commute...

Last edited: